Imagine that our community is a life-sized game board.
We learn the rules for the game just like we learn everything ...
from the culture in which we were raised.
In our society:
- The culture of wealth makes the rules.
- The culture of middle class makes sure that we follow the rules.
- The culture of poverty (particularly generational poverty) are expected to follow rules without ever learning what the rules are.
Do I have to be from generational poverty to benefit from the program?
- Getting Ahead is about building resources and financial is only one of the eleven resources that are addressed.
- Who can't benefit from increasing personal resources? Everyone can benefit!
- Participation is not based on income guidelines. In fact the main qualifier is an interest in creating change in your life.